Thursday, 4 July 2013

Scary Things Kids Say

When my eldest daughter was little i came home from work one evening to be told by my ex wife that she had found her talking to herself once again in her bedroom, when i asked what she was saying i was terrified to hear that she had been conversing with an invisible friend named Captain Howdy! Now my ex wife did not realize the significance of this as she did not know that Captain Howdy is what the spirit/demon first calls itself when making contact with the young girl Regan in the film The Exorcist!
Kids can say some incredible things, my eldest daughter was prone to seeing ghostly figures in her bedroom and a friend of mines son often conversed with an old man who he described exactly as looking like an old man who had died in their house not long before my friend moved in.
Here's a selection of quotes that i found on Reddit, be afraid be very afraid!

Captain Howdy


"While changing my daughter in front of the open closet door. She kept looking around me and laughing. I asked her what was so funny. She said, "the man." To which I replied, "what man?" She then pointed at the closet and said, "the man with the snake neck." I turn around and nothing was there. I'm afraid to look into the history of my house to see if anyone hung themselves in the closet. "


"I was tucking in my two year old. He said "Good bye dad." I said, "No, we say good night." He said "I know. But this time it's good bye."


I jokingly asked: "What's the best way to get a girlfriend?"
7-year-old's response: "Tell her to be my girlfriend or she'll never see her parents again."


A friend of mine's child told him, "Daddy, I love you so much that I want to cut your head off and carry it around so I can see your face whenever I want."





I don't have kids, but once, visiting some friends on a farm, my buddy's youngest girl (5 or 6) at the time, was afraid of the chickens. I tried to explain to her that the chickens weren't there to hurt us but she wasn't having it. So I'm sitting around the fire pit, looking at one of the chickens a few feet in front of me when I feel hot breath in my ear as she whispers: "See. He's always watching."



Walking through a graveyard to "visit" some departed family members, we walked across the grave of a baby boy who died shortly after being born. There's a family relationship, so we know for a fact the mother is still alive. My 4 year old son turned to my wife and said "Why is that baby crying? Why won't his mom hug him?"

A creepy kid eating breakfast yesterday.




I was sound asleep, and at around 6am I was woken up by my 4 year old daughters face inches from mine. She looked right into my eyes and whispered, "I want to peel all your skin off." The backstory here is I had been sunburned the previous week, and was starting to peel. In my sleep addled state however, it was pretty terrifying for a few seconds.



My daughter said to me that there is a woman who watches her watch movies in her room and sleeps on the ceiling above her bed when she sleeps. She also says it does not like me and wants to eat my heart. My kid watches Elmo and fucking Dinosaur Train. Where in the hell did she get this from?



     




No comments:

Post a Comment